In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Guilford, Maine

Where history meets the future

Around Town By: Piscataquis Community Middle School Students

Pond Block, Guilford, ca. 1890

Pond Block, Guilford, ca. 1890

Item 33683 info
Guilford Historical Society

The Pond Block

The Pond Block was located where Griffins is standing but was moved in 1861 to the end of the covered bridge between the Piscataquis River and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad tracks. It later became a barber shop and then in 1865 became Guilford's first jewelry store and drug store later on. The building itself stood until 1954.

Submitted by: Belle-Natalie Wingert

Item 6 of 17